HOW TO DO THE PERFECT FRENCH MANICURE AT HOME
1. Make sure you shape, buff and polish your nails before you begin painting them, it’s also a good idea to rub some cuticle oil on your cuticles and push them down. Finish with moisturising your hands with hand and nail cream.
2. Always apply a bottom coat before putting on colour as it provides a smooth surface for the next layer of polish.
3. Okay, first, wipe off any excess nail polish from the brush as it;s best to apply only a thin coat to prevent the polish from becoming thick and gluggly.
4. Paint nails in three steps - one stripe down the middle and two stripes on either side of the first one, use a sweeping motion when you first come in contact with nail (for the outer strips) to produce a clean, rounded finish.
If you get polish on the skin around your nail, simply use an object with a thin side (eg, a credit card) to wipe the polish away.
5. Let nails dry and repeat until you get desired colour.
6. Always, finish with a glossy, nail-strengthening top coat to add that salon manicure effect. This will also iron out any little bumps or imperfections in the previous coats of polish.
7. Finally, always make sure you wait until your nails are fully dry, because there’s nothing worse than stuffing up your new perfectly painted nails!
So there you have it, my first journal post - I really hope you liked it :D
Coming Soon/In Progress
This is a page where i will write random stuff about my day, provide beauty and health tips ect.